Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Jerome Bettis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Jerome Bettis

    just seen the clip on the Fox pregame show. I hope he doesn't end up like Earl Campbell. I really don't want him to end up that way. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    oh man, I saw a show about 6 years ago where he couldnt hardly get out of bed in the morning, and like I said that was 6 years ago.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    I think I was that same special. Campbell was a brute but he has paid the price. The price was very high too.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    Campbell and Payton were just ridiculous. Both just refused to go out of bounds. Its unbelievable that payton missed only 1 game. I like Bettis alot though, hes a great team player, I dont fault him one bit for trying to get out of St Louis back in the day.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    Bettis has been around so long I think he played for the LA Rams. They thought he was washed up after three years and were more than happy to get rid of him [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    the Bus looked good today with 17 carries for 101 yards. I'm just glad thier off their losing streak. LETS GO STEELERS!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    i think trading Plax hurt em more then they ever thought.
    Dont get me wrong Ward and Randel-El are solid receivers, I just think Plax was a solid all around player.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    I agree, plus Rothlisburger and Plax had some chemistry, the owners and coaches didn't like Plax all that much and they didn't want him to poision Big Ben. But I knew it would be hard to replace his size and catching ability. Hopefully they will pick up another reciever this off season cause I don't think Cedric Wilson will amount to much.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    Burress added the deep threat that the Steeler's need to compliment Hines Ward. Randle el will be a solid slot receiver for a long time in the league, but he won't be the deep threat we need....And, like you said, Plaxico was Roethlisberger's best friend on the team....chemisty is tough to replace

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jerome Bettis

    I guess Burress was worth the money he wanted after all, hes making Eli look great. Toomer is pretty underrated though.

    So did you guys see the bears/steelers game today? The steelers just pounded em, not much I can say. Chicago missed alot of tackles and made it look worse and losing Mike Brown and Chris Harris(both starting safties) last week hurt the bears run defense alot imo. I think pittsburgh had the best gameplan ive seen all year today, lots of misdirections, lots of draws, screens, etc. If chicago doesnt get the offense in tow quickly, the defense is going to stay banged up because they are on the field so much. I guarantee they are banged up after today, Bettis looked superb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •